Friday, January 29, 2021

Working on it, without much success so far

I've been trying to think of something to write on this "new" (revived) blog, but I'm still so upset and pissed off about the Capitol Insurrection that everything else in my life is messed up.

I'm sleeping more hours of the day than not. That's depression, folks, or that's how depression manifests for me.

It's astounding to me how few people I know who are on Facebook have had anything at all to post about what happened on January 6th.

I've invited everyone to post their thoughts and feelings on my Facebook pages if they "can't" post that stuff on their own pages, but hardly anyone has taken me up on that invitation.  I've seen next to nothing about "the Calamity at the Capitol" (as Orange Fuckwit put it) on the personal pages of more people than I care to count.

Certainly "Trump 2020" voters have had nothing to write except for "prayers" on their own pages, if even that much.  I've kicked a lot of them to the curb, as in unfriended or blocked them, regardless of who they are or how long I've known them.  I don't need people like them in my life.

The behavior of those people isn't surprising, really.  Always lots to say until their tit gets caught in a wringer and then, suddenly, they have nothing much to say at all ... except for those "prayers," of course.

What is surprising is the behavior of friends who should have something to say because I know they're in my political camp for the most part.  Yet ... next to nothing from them.  The lack of comments from fellow veterans truly blows my mind.

WTAF?  Are they concerned with losing some Trumpy "friends"?  WHY WOULD THEY EVEN BE FRIENDS WITH SUCH PEOPLE?  I really don't get that, and all I can figure is that they must think they're going to "get something" out of a relationship with such people.  I don't know what that "something" would be, although I have to assume it's monetary in some way because it kinda always comes down to money.

And that's a rant for some other day.

Anyway, I'm here, just struggling with my anger and depression and with trying to figure out something interesting to write.

Carry on -- or better yet, leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,
    You are definitely not alone on any of the insurrectionist plot to overthrow our democracy. Our democracy is not perfect. It is a work in continual progress.
    There are many folks who are just as concerned as you and just because they don't post things on stupid ass FB, doesn't mean they don't care. It's FB, for crying out loud.

    Here's something you might be interested in knowing.

    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/follow-money-behind-capitol-riot

    The more aware we are, the more we can do to get rid of this evil that has swelled in our world. Notice I didn't say "occurred ". This evil has always been here... we just got complacent.
    Stay connected. Be well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that article, Heather. Of everything listed, Bang energy drinks are the only thing I know of that I've purchased and I've bought exactly two of those things. Ain't no biggie to never buy more of them.

      But that's the thing: It's individual purchases and participation that's going to make a difference, or not. I have zero expectation that corporate money will be removed from politics, ever. It's not going to happen with legislation, that's for sure, regardless of which party is in power -- because they got into power with a great deal of help from corporations.

      That's one of the reasons I bang on the way I do about people needing to stop funding corporations unnecessarily, but no one really seems to listen ...

      "SHINY THING!"

      It's like "SQUIRREL!" for a dog.

      Anyway, regarding Facebook, yes, I know: It's just Facebook. I also realize that people want and need a respite from "the crazy." Just the same, I'm disappointed in certain people. (Not you, not even anyone you know, just "certain people.")

      Meh. Whatever. Life may end up very "lonely" for me in the end, but at least I'll be true to my principles. At this point, they're the only thing worth having, at least for me.

      Hugs back to ya. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Ya know, I've got a million and one thoughts on this and have no clue where to go with it overall. I'm not surprised the insurrection happened. I am somewhat surprised that they got as far as they did. Pretty much just waltzed on in. I'm blown away that certain people seem to be okay with it. I want answers about the insiders who allowed this to happen. That has me the angriest.
    Because I use my FB for so many different things, I've really done a lot of meme and page blocking and also cut down on my news feeds. I found I was spending too much time being angry and I won't let the misguided be in control of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've posted plenty anti Trump stuff but it doesn't get responded to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed your posts, Colin, but I went off into my own little world after FB decided to force its "New Facebook" on everyone.

      Do people in England even care about Trump? Or are they more concerned about Johnson, who is a mini-Trump?

      We all need to STOP ELECTING PEOPLE WITH BAD HAIR!

      Delete